JEFFREY A. BERNFELD
JEFFREY A. BERNFELD
Jeffrey A. Bernfeld is an expert senior business attorney and executive with more than thirty years of success in the boardroom and at the negotiating table. A trusted leader and adviser to senior management and boards of directors, he has negotiated transactions and agreements for the smallest start-ups to large multinational corporations around the corner and around the world. He possesses the credibility and experience to work successfully in complex environments, such as negotiations with governments of developing countries. requiring tact, discretion, flexibility, patience and cultural sensitivity. He prides himself on communicating effectively and in plain English with all levels of management and ownership.
Jeff has been an associate and partner in a leading business law firm (Goldstein & Manello, Boston, MA), a Director of an innovative high-growth public medical device company (Summit Technology, Inc.) and the Vice President and General Counsel of three well-known companies in the fields of non-acute health care services, high technology and equipment manufacturing. In those capacities, he has lead legal and cross-functional teams to the successful completion of goals ranging from the completion of acquisitions to the implementation of compliance and cost-saving programs. Jeff is known for his calm and confident presence in high pressure situations, providing leadership and practical solutions.
Jeff has extensive experience in the following competencies:
- All aspects of corporate law from entity formation through financing and acquisitions to a wide range of corporate and commercial contracts including agreements with executives, vendors, customers, employees, partners and joint venturers, government agencies (US and international), etc.
- Corporate Finance (Debt & Equity)
- Technology Licensing & Protection
- Turnaround & Growth Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- SEC and Regulatory Compliance
- HR, Employment Law, Non-Competition and Non-Disclosure Agreements, and Equity and Cash Incentive Plans
- Investor Relations
Jeff received his BA from Brandeis University (1978) and his JD from the New York University School of Law (1981). He has served in leadership positions in a variety of community and professional organizations including the organization now known as the Association of Corporate Counsel and Arts in Progress, Inc., a Boston not for profit providing services to the Boston public schools.
Jeffrey A. Bernfeld: email@example.com